Anti-Tunnelling/Sinking

Please don't post Bullet support questions here, use the above forums instead.
kmon7485

Anti-Tunnelling/Sinking

Post by kmon7485 »

Hi All,

I have a been developing a plugin for OpenRAVE and I have a car and a series of boxes that
are currently dropping from a defined height onto a flat plane (which i've set up as a box - rigid body)
currently some of my rigid body boxes are dropping/ colliding with the ground, and then they begin to sink, others
just pass through the ground all together and the car collides with the ground, before rolling away and sinking
into the ground.

See attached pictures for an idea of what I mean.

Does anybody know why this could be happening?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AxeD

Re: Anti-Tunnelling/Sinking

Post by AxeD »

Hi,
it looks like i have this same issue - do You have any results/tweaks for this ?
fishboy82

Post by fishboy82 »

Too large box size(like the ground shape) will make the collision detection algo unstable,try to use triangle mesh shape or bvtriangle mesh shape instead, there is an old thread mentioned for this problem,but I forget the link.
AxeD

Post by AxeD »

Nope, this is not a problem - floor has triangles approx 1x1m and box has similar size. It's noticable only when box is active. In addition box is not sinking as long as players character is not close to the box.