Fast cloth, fluids, particles and rigid bodies on SPU

Please don't post Bullet support questions here, use the above forums instead.
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Fast cloth, fluids, particles and rigid bodies on SPU

Post by Erwin Coumans »

DevStation 2008 PlayStation 3 conference, London, http://devstation.scee.com/agenda (Day 2)

There is a presentation about Playstation 3 SPU optimizations related to rigid body, cloth, soft bodies, particles, SPH fluids in London tomorrow, June 11th. It covers latest work on Bullet physics SDK, and shares experiences working with game developers in the field (including Rockstar on GTA IV). Some optimizations has evolved from earlier work presented at GDC 2006.

If you attend this conference, hope to see you tomorrow,

Thanks,
Erwin
devst.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Enrico

Re: Fast cloth, fluids, particles and rigid bodies on SPU

Post by Enrico »

Hi,

any chance to get a copy of some of the presentations? Or maybe audio/video recordings? :lol:
I am very interested in other people's experiences and stuff ;)

Thanks,
Enrico
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

The presentation will be available on PS3 DevNet for licensed Playstation 3 developers.

You can find most of the rigid body material in the GDC presentation. Softbody/fluid/particle will become publically available later.
Thanks,
Erwin
Denes

Post by Denes »

Hi Erwin,

Congratulations, it was a great presentation! I have seen Bullet a while ago on PC, it was very promising but i was busy with our project those days and i wasn't aware of it's already accessible on PS3. (it's even just barely mentioned on DevNet for some reason)
But you managed to get my attention, and i must say i'm really impressed. I really hope i will be able to add something to the project.

Thanks again,

Denes
Enrico

Post by Enrico »

Erwin Coumans wrote:The presentation will be available on PS3 DevNet for licensed Playstation 3 developers.
Unfortunately we are no console developers :oops:

You can find most of the rigid body material in the GDC presentation. Softbody/fluid/particle will become publically available later.
Any hints when "later" is? :wink:
Would you mind sending me the slides from the talks about other people's experiences? Or is it forbidden, when you are not a PS3 developer?

Thanks,
Enrico