Keyboard shortcuts documentation

Official Python bindings with a focus on reinforcement learning and robotics.
mcres

Keyboard shortcuts documentation

Post by mcres »

While reading the PyBullet guide, I found the following sentence in the `setDebugObjectColor` section:
The built-in OpenGL visualizers have a wireframe debug rendering feature: press 'w' to toggle.
I tried to search for a complete list of keyboard shortcuts in the forums, PyBullet guide and GitHub issues, but couldn't find any. Is this documented somewhere?

For instance, I randomly tried to press some keys while running a simulation and found the following:
  • 'g' to open/close the search, test and params tabs
  • 'j' (with wireframe rendering activated) to show links and joints frames as RGB lines
  • 'k' (with wireframe rendering activated) to show joint axes as a black line
  • 'l' (with wireframe rendering activated) seems to have the same functionality as 'k'
  • 'a' (with wireframe rendering activated) to show collision boxes
Manish

Re: Keyboard shortcuts documentation

Post by Manish »

I have been trying to find the same but couldn't find any documentation anywhere. Ended up doing the same thing as you and tried all the buttons. Just one thing to add:-
  • v (with wireframe rendering activated) toggles between the appearing and disappearing of the bodies.
  • k and l are not exactly identical. Sometimes, activating one disables another. Was not able to exactly determine how.
Do let me know if you were able to find some better documentation elsewhere.
gabo_tor2

Re: Keyboard shortcuts documentation

Post by gabo_tor2 »

This is a list of shortcuts I compiled by reading the source code, this forum post and experimenting:

https://github.com/Gabo-Tor/pybullet-keyboard-shortcuts

I have found no other hotkeys list anywhere in the web, hope this helps!