Blender 2.43: demos and Bullet Physics Contest 2007!

Show what you made with Bullet Physics SDK: Games, Demos, Integrations with a graphics engine, modeler or any other application
Siegel

Post by Siegel »

Hey Erwin,

Found a big small problem in preview14, the AND controller is acting like a OR controller.

Otherwise ive been enjoying it :D

Thanks
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

Siegel wrote:Hey Erwin,

Found a big small problem in preview14, the AND controller is acting like a OR controller.

Otherwise ive been enjoying it :D

Thanks
AND controller works fine in this file using Preview14:
http://www.continuousphysics.com/ftp/pu ... ller.blend
You need to press A AND B to move the cube.
It is probably some other issue, Malachy is working on some gamelogic sensor/actuator issues.
Thanks,
Erwin
Siegel

Post by Siegel »

Sorry Erwin I should have tested it more thoroughly, the problem only seem to happen when there is an ipo actuator set to play, here is an example of the problem.
http://savefile.com/files/422001 :oops:
mal

Post by mal »

Hi Seigel,

This bug has been fixed if you get the latest CVS build ( one later than RC2, like Erwins latest build on the first post of this thread ) - it related to how the Message / IPO fix was done, it has a more correct solution now.

Thanks for posting it, and keep checking for bugs like this ( and posting the simple .blend files ) right up until release!
Mal
calli

Post by calli »

Hello,

EDIT: Sorry used an old CVS Checkout!

I am "quite" sure Lightmaps/Multitexturing did work before on my Linux, but now:

Error: libGL.so: invalid mode for dlopen(): Invalid argument
Detected GL_ARB_texture_env_combine
Detected GL_ARB_texture_cube_map
ERROR: GL_ARB_multitexture implementation is broken!
ERROR: GL_ARB_shader_objects implementation is broken!
ERROR: GL_ARB_vertex_shader implementation is broken!
Detected GL_ARB_fragment_shader
ERROR: GL_ARB_vertex_program implementation is broken!
Detected GL_ARB_depth_texture
Detected GL_EXT_separate_specular_color
GL_VERSION: 2.0 (2.0.2 NVIDIA 87.62)

Especially the first error seems very new to me.

Carsten
blendenzo

Post by blendenzo »

Erwin and mal,

I found a bug regarding realtime text display. When Blender Materials is switched on and a realtime text plane is assigned a material, the text is not displayed in the proper color.

I can't post a link, since this is my first post on the forum, so I will make a second post with a link and explanation.
blendenzo

Post by blendenzo »

Here is a blend demonstrating the bug:

http://www.blendenzo.com/Files/Help/rea ... tBug.blend

There are two text planes sitting on top of another plane in this file. One of the text planes does not have a material assigned. The other has the same material as the plane they are both sitting on, yet when I run the game, the plane is blue (like it should be) but the text is yellow-orange.

I'm trying to isolate the problem. For now the best I can tell is that the text is displaying opposite values on the wrong channels (for example, a settings of "R:0 G:1 B:0" and "R:1 G:1 B:0" both yield a resulting display of "R:1 G:0 B:1").
blendenzo

Post by blendenzo »

Okay, I think I have isolated the problem. It seems that (for realtime bitmap text):

- The Red channel always has a value of 1, regardless of where the slider is set, and
- The Blue and Green values are being swapped at runtime.
calli

Post by calli »

I may have experienced a similar problem. But maybe its due to a bug I posted above and did mess my scene.

Sometimes a object with a material did not show realitime lighting.

I could not nail it down because when I tried in a simple scene all worked well under clean circumstances.

Carsten
blendenzo

Post by blendenzo »

Carsten, I ran into that type of problem today (in 2.42a) using an object that had an RGB IPO specified. It seems that if there is a color IPO, it will display that color shadeless instead of the material color (only under certain circumstances, though). I'm not sure if that's what you were experiencing.

Also, about the realtime text, in previous versions of Blender, you could see the Text value of the the plane displayed in Textured Draw Mode before pressing [P]. This was helpful for positioning text correctly in the game. In 2.43, this seems to have changed so that the only thing you can see before pressing [P] is the "@" symbol. Could that get changed back?
Ven0mSevenX

Post by Ven0mSevenX »

Hey Erwin,

I'm just posting here to let you know that I would like to enter the contest. I'll post some WIP screenshots soon = )
endif

Post by endif »

I would like to enter the contest too, but how do i register?

id love to show screen shots, but i cant just yet :wink:
Shaba1

Post by Shaba1 »

Erwin could you definatetively tell me which version have.

1) the ability to make distributable exe in windows.
2) The ability to make content that can be played in the web plugin
3) The scultp mode and retopo features that are being put int blender version 2.43.

I am asking this because I have about 7 different versions of blender floating around on my hardrive. Some versions have different features that I need and others do not. I am trying to consolidate all those version to save HD space and confustion.
moobins

Post by moobins »

I will enter too, when we will be able to register?
scabootssca

Post by scabootssca »

i'll enter, i posted at blenderartists and i think i should here too