Underworld Hockey Club reaches 1.0, open beta

Show what you made with Bullet Physics SDK: Games, Demos, Integrations with a graphics engine, modeler or any other application
Digitalghost

Underworld Hockey Club reaches 1.0, open beta

Post by Digitalghost »

EDIT: The trailer for 1.0 can be found here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MesFmgu-40M

Hey all,

In preparation for IGF, Underworld Hockey Club is now in open beta, this means that you do not need to post on the forums to download the beta.

Lucifer has decided that the victims in the Underworld have become too tolerant of the beatings and the miserable life in the Underworld. To make them realize how miserable their existences really are, he has ordered one month of the year to be the month of the tournament. In this month, an arena of Obsidian and glass will be built, where victims can enjoy their time in the Underworld before returning to their fates. Underworld Hockey Club is a physics-based arcade hockey game featuring ice mines, shattering glass, bone crushing hits, and special abilities like the "Exploding Puck".

Here's a list of some of the features that have been added since 0.8:

OSX SUPPORT:
UHC now works on OSX, making the total support list:
Windows, OSX, Linux 32-bit, Linux 64-bit

BOSSES:
Now if you make it to the final bracket of a tournament, you will face off against a boss. Defeat the boss to gain access to more advanced tournaments

PERFORMANCE:
The physics performance has increased dramatically and the ragdoll effects are much improved.

CHECK THROUGH GLASS:
If you hit someone at the right angle, you can check someone through the glass. The glass will shatter and the person will be knocked out for a short period of time.

STATISTICS:
If enabled in the settings, anonymous statistics will be collected and they can be used on the website to see who has scored the most goals, made the most checks, etc.

HELP SYSTEM:
There's now an interactive help system to guide newbies through the major parts of the game.

INSTANT REPLAY:
In between plays, instant replays will be shown highlighting exciting moments during the play. During an instant replay, you can hit F11 to capture the instant replay to an avi file on your PC.

*NOTE* VIDEOS NEEDED

I'm making a submission video for IGF that will include in-game footage. If you capture some exciting UHC moments in the replay tool to file, send them to jgmath2000_at_gmail.com . You might see your video in the IGF submission =)

If you would like to get UHC, check out the download page:
http://www.underworldhockeyclub.com/cms ... nload.html

Please post any bugs/feedback, thanks!

Regards,
Digitalghost, lead developer & designer
Underworld Hockey Club
Lil_Margin

Re: Underworld Hockey Club reaches 1.0, open beta

Post by Lil_Margin »

Nice, very good game you got there.
i love the brutality in the game trailer :D
PS: the youtube video is funny.
Digitalghost

Re: Underworld Hockey Club reaches 1.0, open beta

Post by Digitalghost »

Lil_Margin wrote:Nice, very good game you got there.
i love the brutality in the game trailer :D
PS: the youtube video is funny.
Awesome, thanks!

If you have any criticism, please let me know and I will try to address any issues =)