Blizzard Entertainment has an amazing opportunity for a senior engine programmer to join the fray on Overwatch. As a contributor, you will be working with one of the industry’s greats on Blizzard’s physics and collision engine.
You will work alongside a team of some of the best artists, engineers, and designers on the planet and enjoy the support of a company whose culture is centered on collaborative game development. We are gamers at heart at Blizzard – across all levels - and it shows in our craft.
If you thrive in an environment that values communication and knowledge sharing, drop us a line! This is a full-time position on Blizzard’s main campus in Irvine, CA.
• Work closely with Overwatch designers, artists, and the engine team to create and support exciting in-game experiences.
• Develop new functionality and tune the Blizzard physics and collision engine.
• Bring great ideas from inception to fruition.
• Computer science, applied math, physics or related degree
• Advanced understanding of C++
• Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency in linear algebra, calculus, and differential equations
• Experience or knowledge of three-dimensional rigid body dynamics, collision detection, and computational geometry
• Experience working with a physics engine (such as Havok, PhysX or Bullet)
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in game programming, including working on at least one AAA shipped title
• Strong research skills and grasp of industry and academic literature
• Excellent communications skills
• Passion for video games
• Master’s degree or higher in math or physics
• Experience with multi-threaded programming
• Passion for FPS games
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
• Cover Letter which should include:
• Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
• What games you are currently playing
If interested, please send your application or inquiries to Mike Nassar firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is a link to the JD online http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/ca ... id=16000NP
Learn more about our awesome team based shooter Overwtach! https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/
Job seekers and recruitment for game physics developers.
1 post • Page 1 of 1