getting CollisionObject pointers by name

Physics APIs, Physics file formats, Maya, Max, XSI, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Blender, thinkingParticles™ and other simulation tools, exporters and importers
jstolarz

getting CollisionObject pointers by name

Post by jstolarz »

I'm trying to import (using btBulletWorldImporter) a collision world created by using world->serialize(), however it seems there's no way for me to recover btCollisionObject pointers by name. I see functions for constraints, RigidBodies, and shapes. Is there some other way to go about this?
Thanks.
jstolarz

Re: getting CollisionObject pointers by name

Post by jstolarz »

Hmm...in further reading of the btBulletWorldImporter source, it seems to assume the loaded world is a btDynamicWorld rather than a btCollisionWorld. Does passing in a collision world to the importer constructor adversely affect anything? Are they compatible?
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

There is currently no support for btCollisionWorld in btBulletWorldImporter, but it should be possible to implement it. Can you try it yourself, and let us know if/where you get stuck?

Thanks,
Erwin
jstolarz

Post by jstolarz »

Ok, maybe I will come back to this. I figured this would be low-hanging fruit, but as it's not quite, I must first focus on other parts of integrating Bullet into my application.