Pivot point offsets when using Dynamica in Maya x64

Physics APIs, Physics file formats, Maya, Max, XSI, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Blender, thinkingParticles™ and other simulation tools, exporters and importers
hotdoggyurkeyam

Pivot point offsets when using Dynamica in Maya x64

Post by hotdoggyurkeyam »

Hi there. I am using Maya SP1A 2009 x64 on WIndows 7. Everytime I make a polygon object an active mesh rigid body in my scene, the pivot moves to the center of the world. I've froze the transformations of the object, made sure the pivot is centered... and it still does this. One thing I noticed, is under the transform node of the object, the local scale and world scale is not at zero... even when I freeze transformations. Anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this? Thanks.
rponomarev

Re: Pivot point offsets when using Dynamica in Maya x64

Post by rponomarev »

Hello,

I reproduced the problem.
This happens because plugin currently always creates a new transform node when converting
existing mesh to rigid body.
I also noticed that it does not delete old transform node, so it still is visible, for example, in
hypergraph (and it has pivot where it was before).
Looks like that we should keep transform node rather than create a new one. This should solve your problem.
I'll fix that in near future.

Thanks for pointing on that,
Roman
hotdoggyurkeyam

Post by hotdoggyurkeyam »

Thanks for taking a look at it, rponomarev. Really appreciate the help!
rponomarev

Post by rponomarev »

Hello,

Unfortunately we cannot simply use existing transform for rigidBodyNode, because we should keep Maya shape node(and its transform) as well.
It may be needed, for example, for high-quality rendering.
Now rigid bodies have just very simplified polygonal rendering.
Also we cannot just copy all data from existing transform node, because Bullet requires that origin of a rigid body coordinate center should be in its center of mass.

So I copied data from the resulting worldMatrix attribute.
Get the dynamicaUI.mel file r2051, I think this should solve your problem.

Thanks again,
Roman