*SOLVED* Problem with BulletSolver for Houdini

Physics APIs, Physics file formats, Maya, Max, XSI, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Blender, thinkingParticles™ and other simulation tools, exporters and importers
goldleaf

*SOLVED* Problem with BulletSolver for Houdini

Post by goldleaf »

I've posted this on the odForce forums, but I wanted to put it here too, in case someone has an idea of what might be the problem. I've compiled Bullet (apparently as all of the .h and .a files appear), and I've supposedly compiled the plugin as well using the compile .sh script below:

Code: Select all

BULLET_INC=/home/chris/tools/bullet/bullet-read-only/src/
BULLET_LIB=/usr/local/lib/
hcustom -g -e -I $BULLET_INC -L $BULLET_LIB SIM_SolverBullet.cpp
I don't see any compile errors after the compile, which places the plugin automatically in the dso folder, but when I run Houdini, I get the following:

sandboxB:~/tools/bullet/SIM_SolverBullet-0.11_vanaarde/src> Houdini DSO - error on '/home/chris/houdini10.0/dso/SIM_SolverBullet.so'
        /home/chris/houdini10.0/dso/SIM_SolverBullet.so: undefined symbol: _ZNK16btCollisionShape17getBoundingSphereER9btVector3Rf
I know it's hard to troubleshoot these things, but does anyone have an idea of what could be going on?
Last edited by goldleaf on Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goldleaf

Re: Problem with BulletSolver for Houdini

Post by goldleaf »

*SOLVED*

There was something wrong with the version of bullet I was using(2.73) for some reason. Works with Bullet-2.75, and on linux, I changed the build script to:

BULLET_INC=/usr/local/lib/
hcustom -g -I $BULLET_INC -lLinearMath -lBulletDynamics -lBulletCollision -L$BULLET_INC SIM_SolverBullet.cpp
I ran the build script after doing a make/make install of bullet-2.75.

And on OS X:

hcustom -g -lBulletDynamics -lBulletCollision -lBulletSoftBody -lLinearMath SIM_SolverBullet.cpp
hcustom was able to find the bullet libraries just fine on the mac.