Gravity value

Physics APIs, Physics file formats, Maya, Max, XSI, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Blender, thinkingParticles™ and other simulation tools, exporters and importers
dreamkatana

Gravity value

Post by dreamkatana »

Hi, it's amazing this new Physics System, but I notice that the gravity (9.8 ) is not working like in the real world, the objects are follow too slow, or maybe the old SUMO Physics that were doing they go fast, I do not know.

Nice work.

:)
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

Apparently time is 'lost', due to some timing issues in the blender engine. I will ask Kester about this.
calli

Post by calli »

Hi Erwin,

cool work! Very stable results on the Wall demos.

I also noticed the slow-motion falling (it was even an issue with solid when scene scaling was weird).

However: if you enable Game->"Enable all Frames" in the menu, all falls reasonably fast.

Regards,
Carsten.
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

new build 15 july 2005 fixes gravity ?

Post by Erwin Coumans »

can you test the latest 15 july 2005 build ?
I'm waiting for Feedback.
calli

Post by calli »

Hm.

Without "All Frames" it still looks a bit slow. But maybe I this is because there is no real comparison and scale. Nobody of us has seen 2x2x2m boxes with 1kg weight fallin on a stack ;-)

I guess you use 1m equals 1 Blenderunit (be)?

What goes into the simulation? I guess:

- mass
- damping (but somehow strange, 0 seems to be most damping, 1.0 no damping)?

- DYN from Material? (could not see a difference yet)

- more?

Small objects seem to have the tendency to fall through a plane/box if the reach a high speed (well 10cm box 1kg falling from 20m)

If you remove a box from the stack the others seem to be quite sticky, I would expect in reality that the ones above the gap would fall nearly with not much friction.

I need to get more feeling for Bullet physics.

Cant wait to have the motion actuator working to shoot something through a stack of boxes... ;-)

Post by Guest »

>Small objects seem to have the tendency to fall through a plane/box if the reach a high speed (well 10cm box 1kg falling from 20m)

The actual time of impact (continuous collision) is not enabled yet, althought the whole infrastructure and code is there. This will prevent missing collisions.

- friction is unreasonably high at the moment (I use a hardcoded constant).

not all things are hooked up actually. I focussed on your statement on open source:

"release early, release often!"

Thanks Calli !
calli

Post by calli »

I guess the Guest is Erwin ;-)

Thanks for your response, I will test further.

Carsten
kjknohw

Post by kjknohw »

If you want objects to have initial velocities, just use overlap. The object is overlapping an immobile object, and will shoot out.