How can I avoid missing collisions for fast moving objects?

Physics APIs, Physics file formats, Maya, Max, XSI, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Blender, thinkingParticles™ and other simulation tools, exporters and importers
Post Reply
tostlame
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:16 am

How can I avoid missing collisions for fast moving objects?

Post by tostlame »

Hello Erwin,

I read this on wiki:

http://www.continuousphysics.com/mediaw ... hysics_FAQ

in other word
How can I avoid missing collisions for fast moving objects in Blender?

the CCD techincs is possible in blender, or what is the best methods in Beldner GE?

I like to use collide detection for player object+camera , but i havent cucces right result when the player moving fast.

Thank you,

tL
User avatar
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin
Posts: 4221
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:43 pm
Location: California, USA
Contact:

Post by Erwin Coumans »

Player Control and some CCD are planned for next Blender release.
Until then, it's best to make the player big enough and make it move not too fast.

Thanks,
Erwin
Post Reply