Bullet Physics Contest: Most Incredible Device wins PS3/Wii
Yeah I don't think mine is in the search yet. here is a link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgWvL2KVkA4
Youtube was down last night so I had to upload it this morning. !!
Enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgWvL2KVkA4
Youtube was down last night so I had to upload it this morning. !!
Enjoy
nice
Hers a link to pictrures of mine
http://www.foxtailgames.com/rube.html
i didnt make a video cause like i said mines all simulated
Hers a link to pictrures of mine
http://www.foxtailgames.com/rube.html
i didnt make a video cause like i said mines all simulated
Mine is simulated as well. The only acuators i used was to switch the scenes and for camera movement and to switch the model for the lamp to turn it off. Which i had to reproduce in the video. Otherwize. Like my walker is completely physics based. No actuaters. I will post the blend after the contest is over !!!
Hey why don't you make a video using camstudio, record your live action one then upload it to youtube. It would be cool to see it in action. I see you got a chain going, I wanted to do that but ran out of time.
Hey why don't you make a video using camstudio, record your live action one then upload it to youtube. It would be cool to see it in action. I see you got a chain going, I wanted to do that but ran out of time.
i started mine the DAY it was announced
and pretty much worked on it like allday untill the you were able to
submit the entry
i just noticed something that makes me think i should have recorded it
ON windows because of the lag time on my machine its not the best
1.7 GHZ with 256 Ram and 64 vRam
one setup i did works like i want it
but i loaded it up on blender on linux cause ther was a new one released and i was testing it
the pece doesent work as i want it
to rolls of on its own
>_<
i hope on erwins computer it works fine
i should have tested more
and pretty much worked on it like allday untill the you were able to
submit the entry
i just noticed something that makes me think i should have recorded it
ON windows because of the lag time on my machine its not the best
1.7 GHZ with 256 Ram and 64 vRam
one setup i did works like i want it
but i loaded it up on blender on linux cause ther was a new one released and i was testing it
the pece doesent work as i want it
to rolls of on its own
>_<
i hope on erwins computer it works fine
i should have tested more
I only have windows. I have to say bullet is very unstable with blender. If you move a single object in the whole scene it affects everything. Even if you just moved the camera or added or removed a non interactive object. I had to readjust my scenes many times. Why it took so long and i ran out of time to polish it.
I hope this gets fixed.
I used blender preview 14 to do all my work. I tried it on release and it ended up crashing a few times while i was working. Went back to preview 14.
Also quick bake shift + ctrl + alt + p uses a differnt set of rules or something, its not like the realtime at all.
I hope this gets fixed too because it would of saved me about 30 hours.
Thanks, Bullet with blender rocks, with out it we would not of been able to have such a cool contest!!!!
I hope this gets fixed.
I used blender preview 14 to do all my work. I tried it on release and it ended up crashing a few times while i was working. Went back to preview 14.
Also quick bake shift + ctrl + alt + p uses a differnt set of rules or something, its not like the realtime at all.
I hope this gets fixed too because it would of saved me about 30 hours.
Thanks, Bullet with blender rocks, with out it we would not of been able to have such a cool contest!!!!
I also found that if I moved anything it changed the whole animation drasticly, but even if i didn't move anything it ended different.
Understanding this I had 13-start overs till I got my IPO's baked correctly.
One of the 10 computers I was using to render currupted the file so I broke up what it was rendering and distributed it to the rest of them... (still rendering). I sent my finished blend in yesturday and will send the video in tonight.
Understanding this I had 13-start overs till I got my IPO's baked correctly.
One of the 10 computers I was using to render currupted the file so I broke up what it was rendering and distributed it to the rest of them... (still rendering). I sent my finished blend in yesturday and will send the video in tonight.
- Erwin Coumans
- Site Admin
- Posts: 4221
- Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:43 pm
- Location: California, USA
- Contact:
Thanks a lot for the entries! There are not so many entries, but I'm happy with the quality of the video's I've seen so far.
Extension: you are allowed to make modifications/submit entries during the voting/review, until 9th of March.
Review and Voting
Extension: you are allowed to make modifications/submit entries during the voting/review, until 9th of March.
Review and Voting
- * During Game Developers Conference, March 5-9 2007 San Francisco
* Review of submissions by professional game developers during this GDC
* Potential display at a booth on the conference
* Voting based on those reviews
* Results and winners will be announced Sunday 11 March 2007
This first link is a download link (sorry for the 30 second wait):
http://www.sharebigfile.com/file/97914/ ... g-mov.html
it is higher quality than what is available on Google Video or youtube.
This is a link to the video on Google Video:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 6263588610
this is actually the same file as above, but has been reduced quality
and it is kinda hard to see the ball.
http://www.sharebigfile.com/file/97914/ ... g-mov.html
it is higher quality than what is available on Google Video or youtube.
This is a link to the video on Google Video:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 6263588610
this is actually the same file as above, but has been reduced quality
and it is kinda hard to see the ball.