Collission test not returning all contacts

Post Reply
xerion
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:46 am

Collission test not returning all contacts

Post by xerion »

Hey all,

I am doing some frustrum culling and then narrowphase collision detection but it seems that in some cases not all the collisions are returned.
For example I have a plane object represented in bullet as a convex shape of 4 points (the issue I am seeing is mainly related to convex shapes and not with box, sphere, etc..).

You can see in the attached screenshot, the plane along with the bullet object ( debugDrawWorld() ).
The other object is a btPairCachingGhostObject and its shape is the convex of the frustrum (8 points) that is constructed on mouse click.
It clearly has a contact with the plane convex shape but in this case there are no contacts returned.

Depending where I click I either get a contact result or not.

Any ideas of what's possibly going on ?
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (29.92 KiB) Viewed 5703 times
Post Reply