btCollisionShape unresolved externals

BetMora

btCollisionShape unresolved externals

Post by BetMora »

Hello dear forum members.
Currently trying to compile https://bitbucket.org/sirbrialliance/raytrace this OpenCL raytracer which uses Bullet for some simple physics. As i understand raytracer itself was tested under Linux only. But it's really simply to compile it under Windows, it's successfully running and displays image, but currently static only, as i didn't manage to compile it with Bullet code. All the code which is using Bullet located in one file: https://bitbucket.org/sirbrialliance/ra ... at=default
Errors i'm getting are these:

Code: Select all

1>main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall btCollisionShape::getBoundingSphere(class btVector3 &,double &)const " (?getBoundingSphere@btCollisionShape@@UBEXAAVbtVector3@@AAN@Z)
1>main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual double __thiscall btCollisionShape::getAngularMotionDisc(void)const " (?getAngularMotionDisc@btCollisionShape@@UBENXZ)
1>main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual double __thiscall btCollisionShape::getContactBreakingThreshold(double)const " (?getContactBreakingThreshold@btCollisionShape@@UBENN@Z)
1>main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall btSphereShape::calculateLocalInertia(double,class btVector3 &)const " (?calculateLocalInertia@btSphereShape@@UBEXNAAVbtVector3@@@Z)
1>main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall btConvexShape::project(class btTransform const &,class btVector3 const &,double &,double &)const " (?project@btConvexShape@@UBEXABVbtTransform@@ABVbtVector3@@AAN2@Z)
Compiling under VS2010 with Bullet 2.82-r2704. BulletDynamics, BulletCollision and LinearMath libraries are being linked.
I've been googling that problem for a while already, didn't manage to find at least one "solution" that was able to help me..
Hope for your help guys, thanks in advance.
bwelch

Re: btCollisionShape unresolved externals

Post by bwelch »

I've seen these errors a bunch while trying to integrate Bullet with some other code. Such a headache (especially since I've never dealt with MSVS until this project!). From my understanding, this occurs when you include a .h file that has a function prototype but the corresponding definition (usually in a .cpp) isn't included. When this happened to me, the problem was ALWAYS a problem with adding the .lib files. Either I typed them in wrong, got the filepath wrong, didn't hit Apply, or added them in release but not debug or vice versa. I don't know your comfort with MSVS, but you should be looking at the location in the attached screenshot (your filepaths may vary). Right-click on your project > Properties > Linker > Input.

If you've checked these things and that's not the problem, then it's probably something out of my league. Good luck.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BetMora

Post by BetMora »

No no, libraries path is correct and libraries are being linked, as i told. Thank you for your help, anyway :)
So i tried removing libraries linking at all yesterday and simply included needed .cpp files(as such - btCollisionShape.cpp and few other collision shapes), got rid of the externals i've shown in the first message but got lots more of another unresolved externals, as i didn't include other files. Still have no idea why linker refuses to find symbols inside lib.
Little update: got it compiled, included following .cpp files to the project: btCollisionShape.cpp, btConvexShape.cpp, btSphereShape.cpp, btConvexInternalShape.cpp, btCollisionObject.cpp.
Currently does not actually work as intended, putting bullet code back to check if it does.
Still, it's not a real solution, just a dirt hack.
Another update: had to include whole bullet collisions and dynamics sources.. after all getting that error:

btPolyhedralConvexShape.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: double __thiscall btConvexHullComputer::compute(void const *,bool,int,int,double,double)" (?compute@btConvexHullComputer@@AAENPBX_NHHNN@Z) referenced in function "public: double __thiscall btConvexHullComputer::compute(double const *,int,int,double,double)" (?compute@btConvexHullComputer@@QAENPBNHHNN@Z)
That's pretty weird.
yluo

Post by yluo »

Hi did you solve it? My visual studio also refuses to link the symbols lib as it is supposed to.
maximus57

Post by maximus57 »

If You set USE_DOUBLE_PRECISION in cmake configuration, You also need to set compile difinition in your application:
BT_USE_DOUBLE_PRECISION=1
Example cmake:

target_compile_definitions(${PROJECT_NAME} PRIVATE BT_USE_DOUBLE_PRECISION=1)
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/548 ... hysics-sdk