Industrial Simulation & Modelisation

ByB

Industrial Simulation & Modelisation

Post by ByB »

Hello,

It's the first time for me to use frameworks like Bullet (Physics motor), and my goal is not creating a game, but using Bullet for a program which includes industrial modelisation and simulation. I need to make a modelisation of an industrial process to check for possible collisions between tools during fabrication of an industrial product.

So my concern is to know if Bullet is enough accurate for simulations of this kind, in particular when looking for collisions between objects ? Was Bullet already used for projects of this kind ?

Thank you for any answer.
mako90

Re: Industrial Simulation & Modelisation

Post by mako90 »

ByB

Post by ByB »

Well, what I can read on these pages is mostly about movies and games. Are there some CAD projects that also use Bullet ?

Thank you.
guiramos

Post by guiramos »

So what?

Sometimes cinema industry requires eye candy instead of accuracy.

And the accuracy required at a industry work method is far more demanding than filmaking. If isn't 100% accurate and predicted the bussiness model can be invalidated, someone could get hurt or even killed.

Anyway, I really think Bullet is accurate enough to do this kind of simulation. It's a matter on how models will be built and the size of the simulation step time.
ByB

Post by ByB »

I'm new at those matters of simulation, so maybe my questions are a little bit naive, but thank you for answering anyway.
guiramos

Post by guiramos »

How do think to load the models and the model's action into Bullet?

PS: models = machinery
ByB

Post by ByB »

This was my next question ... :D
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

The collision detection can be tuned to be very accurate (but the solutions of the constraint solver are approximate and geared towards games and movies)

What modeler are you using?

There are examples how to load Blender .blend files, including collision, rigid body and constraints in this gamekit project.
Thanks,
Erwin