Error Overflow in AABB, object removed from simulation

jdoriang

Error Overflow in AABB, object removed from simulation

Post by jdoriang »

Hi

I am using btGImpact and am running into the following error. When using other collision shapes the error does not occur. Any idea what is causing this and how to fix it

Thank you

Rupert

Code: Select all

static bool reportMe = true;
		if (reportMe && m_debugDrawer)
		{
			reportMe = false;
			m_debugDrawer->reportErrorWarning("Overflow in AABB, object removed from simulation");
			m_debugDrawer->reportErrorWarning("If you can reproduce this, please email bugs@continuousphysics.com\n");
			m_debugDrawer->reportErrorWarning("Please include above information, your Platform, version of OS.\n");
			m_debugDrawer->reportErrorWarning("Thanks.\n");
		}
S1L3nCe

Re: Error Overflow in AABB, object removed from simulation

Post by S1L3nCe »

Hi,

Seeing messages in the code makes me think it's important to report how you get the problem at the given email :)
It's certainly a hard-to-reproduct bug and asking questions with your bug report will be certainly your best chance.
Brian Beuken

Post by Brian Beuken »

some years later...

I am also getting this message our of the blue, not at all sure what the issue is though, I am going to try to track it down.
Brian Beuken

Post by Brian Beuken »

ok I think I tracked it down, the error is not actually a valid report, it may have little or nothing to do with AABBs, but it happened when I tried to apply a faulty force calculation in a boids movment system. the Cohesion factor returned NaN which then got passed on to the physics as a force to apply, and ...it throw the error more often than not.

So it appears to be mainly due to introducing bad numbers to the Rigid body.