Has anybody had any luck with using the quantized AABB compression of btBvhTriangleMeshShape? When I turn it on, I no longer get any collisions with my terrain, where previously I had collisions working.
I am using a btTriangleMesh (with many addTriangle calls) to feed to the constructor. I noticed that this causes the following assert at line 80 in btOptimizedBvh:
btAssert(partId==0)
so I wrote my own version of btTriangleMesh that uses 1 subpart but many tris per part. This also didn't work.
My terrain shape has just over 55000 tris.
I have tried this on Win32 as well as Xbox 360 with the same results.
Any advice?
Using btBvhTriangleMeshShape with quantizedAabbCompression
-
slithEToves
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:55 pm
-
slithEToves
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:55 pm
more info
Currently, nearly all of the collision calls are ray casts, including some that are straight down. This ends up creating an AABB that is of zero width and depth. I don't know if this matters or not.
- Erwin Coumans
- Site Admin
- Posts: 4221
- Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:43 pm
- Location: California, USA
- Contact:
-
slithEToves
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:55 pm