App_PhysicsServer_SharedMemory_VR stops responding immediately when connecting to headset

RRachel

App_PhysicsServer_SharedMemory_VR stops responding immediately when connecting to headset

Post by RRachel »

I am trying to use pybullet in VR with an Oculus Quest.
I downloaded the current release of bullet from github, used the build_visual_studio_vr_pybullet_double.bat to create the Visual Studio project and built the exe file using Visual Studio. Whenever I execute the App_PhysicsServer_SharedMemory_VR.exe, SteamVR opens, the controllers and headset are recognized and the headset shows a popup that it is waiting for the application, but the helloVR_bullet window immediately stops responding instead of showing the empty world with controllers on the headset as described in the quickstart guide.

I have already double-checked that the bat script points towards the right python version and that pybullet is installed properly and that Steam VR recognizes the headset and controllers. I also tried this both with a cable and air link connection to the oculus quest headset and with a HTC Vive with the same result.

I attached a screenshot of what the terminal and frozen window look like when I start the program and would be very thankful for any suggestions or hints of what I'm missing here.
Attachments
waiting.png
waiting.png (36.91 KiB) Viewed 142576 times
notResponding.jpg
notResponding.jpg (77.52 KiB) Viewed 142576 times