Pip install 2.6.6 - issues - Windows 10

aadevmobile

Pip install 2.6.6 - issues - Windows 10

Post by aadevmobile »

Hello,

I'm using python 2.7.17, Windows 10.
I need to install pybullet in order to complete qiBullet installation.
I've been reading and trying everything I find as a possible solution.
I have vs2019 and vs builtools

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft\Visual C++ for Python\9.0\VC\bin\amd64>cl.exe
Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 15.00.30729.01 for x64
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft\Visual C++ for Python\9.0\VC\Include\xlocale(342) : warning C4530: C++ exception handler used, but unwind semantics are not enabled. Specify /EHsc
examples/SharedMemory/plugins/stablePDPlugin/MathUtil.cpp(355) : error C3861: 'copysign': identifier not found
examples/SharedMemory/plugins/stablePDPlugin/MathUtil.cpp(749) : error C2668: 'std::sqrt' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft\Visual C++ for Python\9.0\VC\Include\math.h(128): could be 'double sqrt(double)'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft\Visual C++ for Python\9.0\VC\Include\math.h(533): or 'float sqrt(float)'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft\Visual C++ for Python\9.0\VC\Include\math.h(581): or 'long double sqrt(long double)'
while trying to match the argument list '(int)'
error: command 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Common Files\\Microsoft\\Visual C++ for Python\\9.0\\VC\\Bin\\amd64\\cl.exe' failed with exit status 2

attached print.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Re: Pip install 2.6.6 - issues - Windows 10

Post by Erwin Coumans »

You are not using vs2019, but Visual C++ for Python\9.0.

Uninstall visual c++ for Python and try again,using the command prompt of visual studio 2019.
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

I had a closer look and fixed the issue(s).

Try again using pybullet-2.6.9
pip install pybullet --upgrade
aadevmobile

Post by aadevmobile »

Thanks Erwin,

It did fix it for x64 and thank you for creating the .whl

I was supper happy It worked!

but... as life is beautifully ironic, I need to make it work for x86 now.
naoqi-python sdk only works with python 32bits.
So, it seems I'm back where I was before.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong,
could you help me learn how to compile it, properly?
  • I've tried pip install pybullet from cmd
  • I've tried pip install pybullet from Visual Studio 2019 cmd
  • I've tried pip install from within vs2019
and everytime I remove VIsual C++ for Python\9.0. to try, I get a request to install it.
I did, and tried again...

it seems to be a different issue although it is failing with exit status 2

Running setup.py install for pybullet: finished with status 'error'
c:\users\mr bubbles\appdata\local\temp\pip-install-kktxum\pybullet\src\bulletsoftbody\btDeformableMousePickingForce.h(31) : error C2719: 'mouse_pos': formal parameter with __declspec(align('16')) won't be aligned
error: command 'C:\\Users\\Mr Bubbles\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Common\\Microsoft\\Visual C++ for Python\\9.0\\VC\\Bin\\cl.exe' failed with exit status 2
----------------------------------------
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: 'C:\Python27\python.exe' -u -c 'import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'c:\\users\\mrbubb~1\\appdata\\local\\temp\\pip-install-kktxum\\pybullet\\setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'c:\\users\\mrbubb~1\\appdata\\local\\temp\\pip-install-kktxum\\pybullet\\setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' install --record 'c:\users\mrbubb~1\appdata\local\temp\pip-record-mcevry\install-record.txt' --single-version-externally-managed --compile --install-headers 'C:\Python27\Include\pybullet' Check the logs for full command output.
----- Failed to install 'pybullet' -----

I've attached the complete log as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by aadevmobile on Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aadevmobile

Post by aadevmobile »

Hi... Help?