Getting started

Christi258

Getting started

Post by Christi258 »

Hi all,
First of all the good message: I decided to use Bullet as my physic engine.
the bad message: I cancel this decision almost again.
I'm really nerved about getting started with the engine.
I'm using Visual Studio 2012. I tried to do like in the manual:
After unzipping the source code you can open the Bullet/build/
vs2010/0BulletSolution.sln, hit F5 and your first Bullet demo will
run. Note that by default Visual Studio uses an unoptimized Debug configuration
that is very slow. It is best to enable the Release configuration.
Hahaha- That was a good joke. I also tried it on VS2008 as well, but nothing happens at all. It compiles anything, a small CLI opens and closes again. That's all.
Is there nowhere a really !!good!! tutorial how to set up?

Please help!!!

PS: I'm not an English native speaker, and I've never had problems with spam protection on the registration progress, but...
-If a shape is not concave, what is it in one word?
-What is the dot product of (4, -1, 0) and (5, 3, 20) times the number of toes on my right foot?
Seriously?? I still not know the answer of the first question (because of no understanding),
and do you really think that everyone knows what the hell is a dot product (I actually did but what about the others)
c6burns

Re: Getting started

Post by c6burns »

Try setting your startup project as something other than AppHelloWorld. For instance, set App_SoftDemo as the startup project and use the ] key to cycle through demo scenes.
Christi258

Post by Christi258 »

c6burns wrote:Try setting your startup project as something other than AppHelloWorld. For instance, set App_SoftDemo as the startup project and use the ] key to cycle through demo scenes.
Thank you, now i got this project working, but that doesn't explain why the HelloWorld example does not start.
I get everytime when starting a project the message:
(Translated) For "App_SoftDemo_vs2010.exe" can no debug informations be found or they don't accord. The binar data were not compiled with debug informations.

Further, I tried to set up Bullet with CMake like this: http://www.bulletphysics.org/mediawiki- ... om_scratch
but I get an error on point:
Make sure to make your program dependent on the Bullet libraries, right click on your project, select 'Dependencies'
It says that: the project file " " was renamed or isn't located in the project folder anymore.

It can't so complicated to set up!!!
c6burns

Post by c6burns »

The AppHelloWorld project does not provide a graphical example. I imagine it runs fine, but you haven't yet realized what it does.

I don't think bullet is difficult to build at all. Are you comparing it to other libraries? Or are you just new to programming?
Christi258

Post by Christi258 »

c6burns wrote:I don't think bullet is difficult to build at all. Are you comparing it to other libraries? Or are you just new to programming?
Neither nor. Well I want to compare it to other libraries but first i want to make it work.
What about the errors? I really made step by step like in the description!
c6burns

Post by c6burns »

I didn't follow the guide you are using. I simply included the appropriate headers and then linked against the bullet libraries. Simply add bullet's src folder to your include directories. Then include btBulletDynamicsCommon.h. Then link against the libraries you are using (eg. BulletDynamics BulletCollision LinearMath). Since you say you are not new to programming, I leave the specifics of this up to you.
Christi258

Post by Christi258 »

and where do i find the libs?