Bullet 2.79 release: new convex decomposition and premake

Open source Bullet Physics SDK release information
bullet_team

Bullet 2.79 release: new convex decomposition and premake

Post by bullet_team »

You can download Bullet 2.79 now, based on SVN revision 2440.

Bullet 2.79 is mainly a bugfix release, but there are also some improvements, for example:
  • New convex decomposition method, based on the HACD library. Thanks to Khaled Mamou for HACD and Sujeon Kim for the integration into Bullet.
    See Bullet/Demos/ConvexDecompositionDemo
  • premake build system. Premake can autogenerate Visual Studio project files that can be distributed. CMake cannot do this properly because it keeps some absolute paths and a dependency to the cmake executable. See Bullet/msvc
Also there are various bug fixes, see the issue tracker for details.
Thanks everyone for the contributions and feedback!
Erwin
jomunoz

Re: Bullet 2.79 release: new convex decomposition and premak

Post by jomunoz »

I planned to spend this sunday on a game I started but left gathering dust for a while, for my surprise one of its dependencies (Bullet) has a new version :D

I haven't seen the new features added since the version I started using, but I did try the premake build system and is very easy to use; I just unzipped the file then when to the bullet-2.79\msvc\vs2010 folder, then opened the 0BulletSolution file, waited for VS to parse the files and then build, very easy!!

Thanks Erwin and all the guys who collaborated on this release.

EDIT: The premake files did not build the BulletMultiThreaded lib, so I had to use CMake for that. Anyway premake is cool ;)
captanker

Post by captanker »

Thank you so much for this great library. Really hope that one day you can compile your talks and notes into a great book. Looking forward to it.
Sarah9908

Post by Sarah9908 »

Hey guys,

I'm pretty sure that's an old version by now, but when i click that link above to download it, it bring me to a page that has a version 2.81 on it (when i sort by descending). Is this the latest version do you know?!

Sarahb1e1j02lgk!pw10eya372s0329Voo1i$1&r0pjsV)6!n$fap^c!hl923""w(Von*Zc*0Zi)9o3g8^3w9w9ftl!a2""p0($l&
ubik

Post by ubik »

Sarah9908 wrote:Hey guys,

I'm pretty sure that's an old version by now, but when i click that link above to download it, it bring me to a page that has a version 2.81 on it (when i sort by descending). Is this the latest version do you know?!

Sarah
I believe 2.81 is still the latest release of bullet, so yes, that's the one we want