Error in compilation

Ehsanizadi

Error in compilation

Post by Ehsanizadi »

Hey,

I am very new to Bullet (a few hours!, version 2.82), linux (I am using Ubuntu 13.10) and programming!
I just installed Bullet physics on my ubuntu.

I tried to compile the Helloworld example using this command in the shell:

Code: Select all

g++ *.cpp -lSDL -lGL -lGLU -lSDL_image -lBulletSoftBody -lBulletDynamics -lBulletCollision -lLinearMath -I/usr/include/bullet/

but I get this error:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lSDL
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lSDL_image
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Any suggestion? Ideas?

Thank you in advance
Ehsan
nullChar

Re: Error in compilation

Post by nullChar »

This isn't really a Bullet build issue, but a dependencies problem. You're trying to link the SDL and SDL_image libraries, but they don't exist on your machine.
Find the library files for SDL and place them within your library directories and it should link correctly.
Ehsanizadi

Post by Ehsanizadi »

nullChar wrote:This isn't really a Bullet build issue, but a dependencies problem. You're trying to link the SDL and SDL_image libraries, but they don't exist on your machine.
Find the library files for SDL and place them within your library directories and it should link correctly.

Thanks
Ehsanizadi

Post by Ehsanizadi »

I installed the libraries now I get another error:

/tmp/ccuXddiJ.o: In function `main':
main.cpp:(.text+0x61): undefined reference to `glutmain(int, char**, int, int, char const*, DemoApplication*)'
/tmp/ccuXddiJ.o: In function `GlutDemoApplication::GlutDemoApplication()':
main.cpp:(.text._ZN19GlutDemoApplicationC2Ev[_ZN19GlutDemoApplicationC5Ev]+0x14): undefined reference to `DemoApplication::DemoApplication()'
main.cpp:(.text._ZN19GlutDemoApplicationC2Ev[_ZN19GlutDemoApplicationC5Ev]+0x1f): undefined reference to `vtable for GlutDemoApplication'
/tmp/ccuXddiJ.o: In function `GlutDemoApplication::~GlutDemoApplication()':
main.cpp:(.text._ZN19GlutDemoApplicationD2Ev[_ZN19GlutDemoApplicationD5Ev]+0x13): undefined reference to `vtable for GlutDemoApplication'
main.cpp:(.text._ZN19GlutDemoApplicationD2Ev[_ZN19GlutDemoApplicationD5Ev]+0x1f): undefined reference to `DemoApplication::~DemoApplication()'
/tmp/ccwCkgN9.o: In function `VoronoiFractureDemo::keyboardCallback(unsigned char, int, int)':
VoronoiFractureDemo.cpp:(.text+0x791): undefined reference to `DemoApplication::keyboardCallback(unsigned char, int, int)'
/tmp/ccwCkgN9.o: In function `VoronoiFractureDemo::initPhysics()':
VoronoiFractureDemo.cpp:(.text+0x3321): undefined reference to `DemoApplication::setCameraDistance(float)'
/tmp/ccwCkgN9.o: In function `__static_initialization_and_destruction_0(int, int)':
VoronoiFractureDemo.cpp:(.text+0x455d): undefined reference to `GLDebugDrawer::GLDebugDrawer()'
VoronoiFractureDemo.cpp:(.text+0x456c): undefined reference to `GLDebugDrawer::~GLDebugDrawer()'
/tmp/ccwCkgN9.o:(.rodata._ZTV19VoronoiFractureDemo[_ZTV19VoronoiFractureDemo]+0x10): undefined reference to `DemoApplication::removePickingConstraint()'
/tmp/ccwCkgN9.o:(.rodata._ZTV19VoronoiFractureDemo[_ZTV19VoronoiFractureDemo]+0x18): undefined reference to `DemoApplication::pickObject(btVector3 const&, btCollisionObject const*)'
/tmp/ccwCkgN9.o:(.rodata._ZTV19VoronoiFractureDemo[_ZTV19VoronoiFractureDemo]+0x40): undefined reference to `DemoApplication::myinit()'
/tmp/ccwCkgN9.o:(.rodata._ZTV19VoronoiFractureDemo[_ZTV19VoronoiFractureDemo]+0x48): undefined reference to `DemoApplication::updateCamera()'
/tmp/ccwCkgN9.o:(.rodata._ZTV19VoronoiFractureDemo[_ZTV19VoronoiFractureDemo]+0x60): undefined reference to `DemoApplication::setShootBoxShape()'
/tmp/ccwCkgN9.o:(.rodata._ZTV19VoronoiFractureDemo[_ZTV19VoronoiFractureDemo]+0x68): undefined reference to `DemoApplication::shootBox(btVector3 const&)'
/tmp/ccwCkgN9.o:(.rodata._ZTV19VoronoiFractureDemo[_ZTV19VoronoiFractureDemo]+0x80): undefined reference to `GlutDemoApplication::specialKeyboard(int, int, int)'
/tmp/ccwCkgN9.o:(.rodata._ZTV19VoronoiFractureDemo[_ZTV19VoronoiFractureDemo]+0x90): undefined reference to `DemoApplication::reshape(int, int)'
/tmp/ccwCkgN9.o:(.rodata._ZTV19VoronoiFractureDemo[_ZTV19VoronoiFractureDemo]+0x98): undefined reference to `DemoApplication::mouseFunc(int, int, int, int)'
/tmp/ccwCkgN9.o:(.rodata._ZTV19VoronoiFractureDemo[_ZTV19VoronoiFractureDemo]+0xa0): undefined reference to `DemoApplication::mouseMotionFunc(int, int)'
/tmp/ccwCkgN9.o:(.rodata._ZTV19VoronoiFractureDemo[_ZTV19VoronoiFractureDemo]+0xb0): undefined reference to `DemoApplication::renderme()'
/tmp/ccwCkgN9.o:(.rodata._ZTV19VoronoiFractureDemo[_ZTV19VoronoiFractureDemo]+0xb8): undefined reference to `GlutDemoApplication::swapBuffers()'
/tmp/ccwCkgN9.o:(.rodata._ZTV19VoronoiFractureDemo[_ZTV19VoronoiFractureDemo]+0xc0): undefined reference to `GlutDemoApplication::updateModifierKeys()'
/tmp/ccwCkgN9.o:(.rodata._ZTI19VoronoiFractureDemo[_ZTI19VoronoiFractureDemo]+0x10): undefined reference to `typeinfo for GlutDemoApplication'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

Bullet doesn't use SDL. You forgot to add the OpenGLSupport library.

You better use a build system that ships with Bullet, such as premake or cmake. It should compile out-of-the-box. See the instructions in the docs folder.
Ehsanizadi

Post by Ehsanizadi »

Erwin Coumans wrote:Bullet doesn't use SDL. You forgot to add the OpenGLSupport library.

You better use a build system that ships with Bullet, such as premake or cmake. It should compile out-of-the-box. See the instructions in the docs folder.
How to add OpenGLSupport library in the command I should type? (where should it be written?) If possible, could you please write the whole command should be typed in shell to run a code?
PS: I used Cmake to install bullet.