Collision Callback : ContactPairTest

JBonser91

Collision Callback : ContactPairTest

Post by JBonser91 »

Hi I've been trying to do this for a while now and it's starting to frustrate me so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

I have been trying to provide some way of using a callback to register when a ball in my game bounces on the floor so that I can do some game specific logic. Currently I have tried using the ContactPairTest Function with my own callback to try and accomplish this. The two object I was using were a btStaticPlaneShape and a btSphereShape. For some reason the AddSingleResult was continually being called when the ball was nowhere near the floor.

I did think that this may have something to do with the fact that the floor was a btStaticPlaneShape so I tried changing it to the btBoxShape but now he collisions don't work at all i.e.the ball doesn't even bounce now.

I am just wondering whether I am going about this the completely wrong way or whether I am doing something terribly wrong, I have tried looking at the demos but they don't show much for the ContactPairTest and I can't seem to find much on here for it.

Here is some of my initialisation code:

Code: Select all

PhysicsObject* PhysicsManager::AddPlane( vec3 halfExtents, CMatrix* transform )
{
	btTransform trans;
        float mat[16];
	trans.setFromOpenGLMatrix( mat );

btCollisionShape* planeShape = new btBoxShape( btVector3( halfExtents.x, halfExtents.y, halfExtents.z ) );

btDefaultMotionState* planeMotionState = new btDefaultMotionState( trans );
    btRigidBody::btRigidBodyConstructionInfo planeRigidBodyCI(0, planeMotionState, planeShape, btVector3( 0, 0, 0 ) );
	planeRigidBodyCI.m_restitution = 1.0f;

btRigidBody* planeRigidBody = new btRigidBody( planeRigidBodyCI );
    mDynamicsWorld->addRigidBody( planeRigidBody );
	planeRigidBody->activate();
	PhysicsObject* physObj = new PhysicsObject( planeRigidBody, planeShape, transform );

mPhysicsObjects.push_back( physObj );

return physObj;
}
the Sphere:

PhysicsObject* PhysicsManager::AddSphere( float radius, CMatrix* transform )
{
	btCollisionShape* sphereShape = new btSphereShape( 0.2 );

btTransform trans;
	float mat[16] ;

btDefaultMotionState* sphereMotionState = new btDefaultMotionState( trans );
    btScalar mass = 500;
    btVector3 sphereInertia( 0, 0, 0 );
	sphereShape->calculateLocalInertia( mass, sphereInertia );
    btRigidBody::btRigidBodyConstructionInfo sphereRigidBodyCI( mass, sphereMotionState, sphereShape, sphereInertia );
	sphereRigidBodyCI.m_restitution = 1.0f;
	sphereRigidBodyCI.m_linearDamping = btScalar(0.9);
    btRigidBody* sphereRigidBody = new btRigidBody( sphereRigidBodyCI );
    mDynamicsWorld->addRigidBody( sphereRigidBody );
	sphereRigidBody->activate();

PhysicsObject* physObj = new PhysicsObject( sphereRigidBody, sphereShape, transform );

mPhysicsObjects.push_back( physObj );

return physObj;

}

and my Update function:

void PhysicsManager::Update( float updateTime )
{

//Do the physics simulations
	mDynamicsWorld->stepSimulation( updateTime, 10 );

//Test all the Contact Callbacks
	for( unsigned int i = 0; i < mContactCallbacks.size(); i++ )
	{
		mDynamicsWorld->contactPairTest( mContactCallbacks[i]->GetCollisionObject1()->GetRigidBody(),mContactCallbacks[i]->GetCollisionObject1()->GetRigidBody(), *mContactCallbacks[i]->GetCallback() ) ;
	}

}
I hope someone can point me in the right direction as this has pretty much stopped me from progressing any further with my game.

Cheers :)