Problems using btConvexHullShape and btBvhTriangleMeshShape

odinsbane

Problems using btConvexHullShape and btBvhTriangleMeshShape

Post by odinsbane »

I have a system where I am pushing a block along a surface. If I make the surface out of a large btBoxShape, the block moves just fine. When I make the surface out of a btBvhTriangleMeshShape the block starts hoping as it slides across the surface. When I make the surface out of a btConvexHullShape, the block slides ok, but it does get some rotation from the surface.

Right now the surface is a flat surface in the shape of an oval. Eventually I would like to have it have some variations in height.

The next problem I have is very similar. Along the edges of the oval there are walls. I have also made the walls out of a btConvexHullShape. Each was segment is 2 triangles. As of now the block can go through the wall pretty easily. Is there a better way to do this?

thank you.
odinsbane

Re: Problems using btConvexHullShape and btBvhTriangleMeshSh

Post by odinsbane »

I have changed the box to a btHullShape also and now it seems to work better, and not penetrate the other btHullShapes as easily.
zarlox

Re: Problems using btConvexHullShape and btBvhTriangleMeshSh

Post by zarlox »

For the btBvhTriangleMeshShape, come collision can occur with the internal edges. Just try implementing the workaround shown in the following post:

http://bulletphysics.org/Bullet/phpBB3/ ... dge#p24566

I am using it for my rigid body based vehicle simulation and my cylinder bodies for the wheels slide perfectly on my terrain mesh based on btBvhTriangleMeshShape.