Exploding Ball

Anomaly

Exploding Ball

Post by Anomaly »

Hello
I'm very happy to have Bullet dynamics in Lightwave 3D 11. It's been so much fun creating new effects with this incredible system.
I've been smashing things around with a wrecking ball in alot of test scenes, these all are dependent on the wrecking ball as a kinematic object hitting a parts object on a trajectory from outside the parts object.
Now I want to accomplish something relatively simple, however it isn't happening.

I want a parts object sphere to explode in all directions.

I set my world gravity to 0
made a small spherical boolean space within the sphere.. and put my wrecking ball inside the empty space inside the sphere..
I have the wrecking ball burst out of the explode sphere .. great .. works . cept it sends parts of the explode ball in the direction the wrecking ball is headed.

I tried rapidly sizing up the wrecking ball uniformily, in all directions.. but this has zero effect.

any way this can be accomplished in a simple fashion, as opposed to making many wrecking balls shooting in every direction from within?

any help would be great thanks!

EDIT : seemed making a bundle of balls all shooting out in every direction did the trick...

but any insight on the sizing-up not affecting the dynamics would be helpful.