avoid deceleration when character is moving uphill

PgrAm

avoid deceleration when character is moving uphill

Post by PgrAm »

Hi I'm using a rigid body as my character (not the kinematic character controller). I'm having an issue where when my player is moving up small inclines such as rough terrain (less than 0.5m) they experience deceleration when they shoud just walk over a small bump, I'm moving the character using setLinearVelocity. Is there a way to increase the "torque" of a player's movement so that they may maintain velocity while climbing small hills.

EDIT: actually I thought about it and this is the same problem that stops my character from climbing stairs. What I'm looking for is a way for bullet to take the size of the object into account so that my character ignores small bumps and becomes decelerated by only larger objects, probably anything bigger than half the size of the player.
khoowaikeong

Re: avoid deceleration when character is moving uphill

Post by khoowaikeong »

me too, personally i think we are screwed(no quick fix) and might have to use btManifoldPoint to detect the angle of slope and reapply the velocity (or the body position) so it doesn't get stopped. i was planning to use the normal but it only gave me m_normalWorldOnB which i assume i can invert to have OnA(if A is the ground)? currently i am using btManifoldPoint to detect if I am jumping from ground or wall(y vs x normal), so i assume it possible to calculate the angle of slope?

i have no 1337 math skill and have little idea what i am doing or what any of those values means, i wish there is an explaination of what those value in the btManifoldPoint means, it would really help with understanding. could anyone pls show noobs like us the light?
:?