Frame range issue

aftersound

Frame range issue

Post by aftersound »

Hi guys, im a new user to the Dynamica Plug for Maya, i have been absolutely loving it so far, i am having a small issue, if someone can point me in the right direction that would be great. example im working on now is i have a wall that is fractured and applied the active rigid body Hull to it, I have an active dynamica sphere crashing thru it, it looks great..but i dont want the wall to start breaking apart or falling until the ball actually reaches it on frame 10 but on frame 1 when i start the sim, it starts falling. Now i know based on what ive read that you can use the Frame range option for something like this and select the rigid bodies and set frame range to be 10-whatever..however when i try to do this it doesnt seem to work?..or maybe there is a specific way/order things need to be selected or something..but when i run sim it still falls and breaks on frame 1 even when i select it and set frame range to 10-150, any thoughts?...i am running MAYA 2012 on MACpro 16 core 32 RAM OSX10.6.8 and the most recent download of Dynamica, (downloaded 2 weeks ago) and help or nudge in the right direction is much appreciated!, thanks
Jay