General and building questions

durium

General and building questions

Post by durium »

Hi everybody!

I have some questions about Bullet physics that i haven't been able to figure out in the wiki...
First you need to know that I intend to create a little Minecraft-like using ogre3d. Thus I need very little physics in my game (most of the blocs will just stand in the air) most of the physic's code will concern the player.

My first question is about the Bullet Wrapper thing...
I don't understand very well what it is about... Shouldn't i just use the basic bullet physics library ?

My second question is about compiling bullet physics. I use code::blocks with mingw compiler.
I installed Cmake and build as it was said in the wiki...
It seems that it worked but had some errors...
Here is the log :

Code: Select all

INTEL OPENCL NOT FOUND
NVidia OPENCL NOT FOUND
OPENGL FOUND
glu32opengl32
WARNING: you are using the obsolete 'GLU' package, please use 'OpenGL' instead
GLUT NOT FOUND not found, trying to use MINGW glut32
GLUT NOT FOUND
WARNING: you are using the obsolete 'GLU' package, please use 'OpenGL' instead
Configuring done
Generating done
My last question is when i've built bullet physics, where am i supposed to get lib files or .h (My bullet dir is c:/bullet and i built the sources in c:/bullet/bin)?

Thanks !
Karrok

Re: General and building questions

Post by Karrok »

those are warnings, you can ignore them unless they are relevant to your project.

You'll find the headers in the bullet/src dir for a regular build environment and the libs in the bullet/lib dir.

If you make an install, the structure becomes slightly different and you will end up with a bullet_install/include and bullet_install/lib dir for respective files where btBulletCollisionCommon.h can be found in bullet/install/include/bullet
durium

Post by durium »

@Karrok : Thanks for your answer !

But what about my first question ?
Can i use the bullet physics only with ogre3d ?
Or am i supposed to download the Bullet wrapper for ogre ?

Thanks !
CookieMonster

Post by CookieMonster »

A wrapper might give some built in functionality for debug drawing and synchronization with graphical objects.

I recomend that you make a collision shape that generate triangles from a dynamic octree.