problems building against Bullet for dynamica

cyrfer

problems building against Bullet for dynamica

Post by cyrfer »

Hi,
I have modified the VC 2008 project files that come with the Dynamica plugin to work with 3ds Max 2010, inheriting settings from the provided build configurations for 3ds Max 2011.

If I use the Bullet source that comes with Dynamica, I see many link errors referencing unresolved Bullet functions when building the Dynamica Max plugin. I was able to resolve all but 3 link errors. So, I tested building the Dynamica Max plugin against the latest Bullet source (release 2.78). This version of Bullet allowed me to successfully build the debug version of the Dynamica Max plugin. However, in the release build of the Dynamica Max plugin, I see one link error:

MxActor.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall btConvexShape::project(class btTransform const &,class btVector3 const &,float &,float &)const " (?project@btConvexShape@@UBEXABVbtTransform@@ABVbtVector3@@AAM2@Z)

I dug around and found the following nuggets of information before throwing my hands in the air:
1-I believe the Dynamica Max plugin source does not directly call this function.
2-I checked the Bullet source. I do not see a "project" function in the "btConvexShape" class OR its parent class.
3-Looking at the source for the BulletCollision library, I can only find use of "btConvexPolyhedron::project", but not for the "btConvexShape" class.

Where is this link error coming from? Thank you for any help.
VicariousEnt

Re: problems building against Bullet for dynamica

Post by VicariousEnt »

Did you ever have any luck with this? I need to get a version of the Bullet exporter working in Max 2012. The PhysX plugin with Bullet intergrated was last released for Bullet 2.77 and it would probably be alot easier to get that building with the latest version of Max and Bullet, but it would be nice if the full Dynamic feature set were available for both Max and Maya. Has anyone built the PhysX plugin for Max 2012 yet?