Simulation/viewer movie files

gm09

Simulation/viewer movie files

Post by gm09 »

Hi,

I'm interested in creating a movie (.mov or .wmv or .avi file, etc..) out of one of the demo simulations. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks in advance! :)
saggita

Re: Simulation/viewer movie files

Post by saggita »

I am sure there will be many different approaches.

What I usually do is that I save the each frame (object) as obj file format and load the sequence of obj files into Maya using the plugin below.

http://code.google.com/p/animobj/

I actually made the plugin for that purpose. If you have multiple objects (I'm sure you do :D ), you might need to modify the plugin.

Another approach would be to export your scene as FBX file format. You won't need any plugins to load it into most 3D tools like Maya or 3DS Max. There is a FBX SDK from Autodesk.

I hope it helps you.

Dongsoo Han
gm09

Post by gm09 »

Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately it doesn't help me :( This is my first time working with software like Bullet, and I don't have/know anything about Maya or the other softwares you mentioned. Is there a much simpler way to convert the simulation into a .wmv or .avi or .mov file? For instance, are there certain commands I can put into the command line for this? Or anything else like this?
saggita

Post by saggita »

If you don't need a nicely rendered animation movie, then what about capturing screen with Windows Movie Maker? I am not sure it is the right name though. It is a part of windows OS.