Bullet, XNA, Blender and noob person like me.

viperboy

Bullet, XNA, Blender and noob person like me.

Post by viperboy »

Hello guys,
I'm totally new to bullet (or any other physics engine), but it seems quite amazing and useful. :P
Sorry for my noob questions and errors I may say during this post (even in what concerns english errors). :oops:

So when i found out about this physics engine I realize that it was the "Holy Grail" for solving my project problem. I want to create a simulation game where a few objects can interacte with each others obeying physics and real laws. I was thinking in use XNA 4.0 to make my game (i already have the 3D models i want and know how to import them) and is a tool i'm now some kind of used to.
I read in homepage that this engine is integrated in blender. I already study that and start seeing how blender works and use some of the tools of bullet in there. One more time I realize this was an amazing tool for my project. But then one question came to my mind: if i made a model (or change the ones i have) with bullet in blender (to make them soft bodys, or rigid bodys or whatever) when i import them to XNA they will have their properties? But even so, how do i integrate the physics librarie so they can interacte (collide, one grab other, or some other real stuff)?

I kind want to know if i can even use Bullet in XNA (if yes, how i do it (is there any tutorial?), if no what do you advice me to make my simulation?), can i make my model more realistic with blender using physics engine there and then use them in XNA (or this kind of properties is completely configurable in XNA with bullet librarie?).

I think you understand what i want, i'm hoping someone can tell me what can be done nowadays with this engine and how can i do it. I understand is too many questions and maybe noob ones, but i hope someone can help me out.

Thx in advance. :)

Best regards,
Viperboy.
lulzfish

Re: Bullet, XNA, Blender and noob person like me.

Post by lulzfish »

It should be possible to use Bullet with XNA if XNA's language (C#?) has a binding to Bullet. At worst, you will have to move transforms out of Bullet and into XNA just like other engines do.

No idea about exporting physics from Blender. I have very simple physics models, so I just create them programatically.
viperboy

Re: Bullet, XNA, Blender and noob person like me.

Post by viperboy »

Thx for you answer.

Can you explain what you mean with "move transforms out of bullet"?

Anyone else know the answer to my blender question? And about XNA? Any other tips? =S