Bullet Tutorial - Cars

Donner

Bullet Tutorial - Cars

Post by Donner »

Hey,

I am currently developing an Racing game and i have to decide, what physics engine to use. Currently i'm workung with newton, but i want to switch (for different reasons). Are there any tutorialy, how to simulate cars etc. with the bullet physics engine?

Google didn't help very much... :(

Thank you!
D.
mickey

Re: Bullet Tutorial - Cars

Post by mickey »

the sdk comes with a sample but if that's not enough you can check out Super Tux Kart - http://www.bulletphysics.com/Bullet/php ... =17&t=1774

Its powered by Bullet and its open source.
kenshin

Post by kenshin »

Donner wrote:Hey,

I am currently developing an Racing game and i have to decide, what physics engine to use. Currently i'm workung with newton, but i want to switch (for different reasons). Are there any tutorialy, how to simulate cars etc. with the bullet physics engine?

Google didn't help very much... :(

Thank you!
D.
hi?Donner

I am currently developing an Racing game too.

I think you can refer to the bullet demo ------ appVehicaldemo

in fact,I met some problem when I use the bullet's vehical.

as you said,the google didn't help very much,but you can find someting in the bulelt forum.

and read the bulelt manual cautiously .

hope that will be help
Donner

Post by Donner »

Hey,

thank you for your answers. Well, I think thanks to the examples, i'll be able to learn more about bullet.

Now I have two more questions:
1. Would you (honestly) recommend Bullet for a racing game, or might another engine be better?
2. Would you take (or create) a "wrapper" which combines Irrlicht and Bullet, or is it easy enough to integrate Bullet in Irrlicht directly? What do you think?

Thank you very much
Donner