Bullet and iPhone

kingjimmi

Bullet and iPhone

Post by kingjimmi »

Hello,

I'm trying to develop a game using Bullet on the iPhone. I was wondering if you could provide any hints or help?

Currently, I have Bullet built for the Mac OS X platform, but I am having a hard time finding the libraries needed to link into Xcode for iPhone development. Bullet documentation says that after building I should have several libraries created. I have AllBulletDemos working.

I have some libraries, but they are named differently than what I expected. The libraries that I have have the same name as what I was expecting except for an added lib at the front of the name. e.g. libLibBulletDynamicCollision.a

Any help would be appreciated with building and linking Bullet properly for the iPhone.
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Re: Bullet and iPhone

Post by Erwin Coumans »

Easiest is just to recursively add all files from Bullet/src folder into its own library using your own build system. That is what we did for the Oolong Engine for iPhone.

The CMake, MSVC projectfiles and Jamfiles are just provided as an example. I wouldn't worry about the exact name, you need the src folder, which basically includes the dynamics, collision and linearmath folders/libraries.

Hope this helps,
Erwin