btStridingMeshInterface TriStrip & TriList

baltic

btStridingMeshInterface TriStrip & TriList

Post by baltic »

btStridingMeshInterface::InternalProcessAllTriangles supports only TriStrips for now, but i've got TriList. i've made a quick hack for myself, but would it be better to include ability to handle TriList, TriStrip, and, maybe, TriFan to that interface? I could do that, if you don't have time.
jezek2

Re: btStridingMeshInterface TriStrip & TriList

Post by jezek2 »

baltic wrote:btStridingMeshInterface::InternalProcessAllTriangles supports only TriStrips for now, but i've got TriList. i've made a quick hack for myself, but would it be better to include ability to handle TriList, TriStrip, and, maybe, TriFan to that interface? I could do that, if you don't have time.
It uses indicies to access vertices, so you can use any topology you want.
baltic

Post by baltic »

It assumes that indicies are in TriStrip topology. My index buffer is TriList.
reltham

Post by reltham »

It actually assumes TriList. Three indices per triangle.
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

The btStridingMeshInterface supports both triangle arrays and triangle strips, you just have to adjust the index striding.

If you want to use index arrays, you can use an index array like this: ABC-BCD-CDE-DEF with index striding 3*sizeof(integer), giving you 4 triangles ABC,BCD,CDE,DEF.
If you want to use index strips, you can use an index array ABCDEF, and use index striding 1*sizeof(integer), giving you the same 4 triangles.

Hope this helps,
Erwin