Simple Help?!?

keldridge

Simple Help?!?

Post by keldridge »

Hello everyone -

This is my first time posting to a forum, ever, so I'm a bit scared! I see that someone else asked a similar question and was moved to a different forum. Once there, I discovered I don't know where to go to post this, so here goes my first ever technical question, in the non-technical forum :? ...

Is there an online step-by-step tutorial in beginning a Bullet Physics MSVC++ project ? (MS Visual Studio 2008) ... Beginning with click Start > Programs Microsoft Visual Studio ...

I know this is similar to asking a brain surgeon to remove a sliver, but I'm new to this physics stuff and I'll even admit to not knowing a whole lot about C++ either. As long as I have to learn C++, what better way than learning with a BULLET Physics project??

Any ideas, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks everyone!
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Re: Simple Help?!?

Post by Erwin Coumans »

Double click on Bullet\msvc\8\wksbullet.sln, and press F5. That should compile, link and run the Bullet source code and demo.

If you want to start a project from scratch, make sure to add the Bullet/src folder to your include path, include "btBulletDynamicsCommon.h" in your .cpp file. Then link against the Bullet libraries you need. Just include the Bullet projects in your own project (libbulletdynamics.vcproj, libbulletcollision.vcproj, libbulletmath.vcproj from Bullet\msvc\8 folder), and add them to the dependencies of your own projects.

See the Bullet_User_Manual.pdf, quickstart section for more info.
Hope this helps,
Erwin
keldridge

Post by keldridge »

Erwin Coumans wrote:Double click on Bullet\msvc\8\wksbullet.sln, and press F5. That should compile, link and run the Bullet source code and demo.

If you want to start a project from scratch, make sure to add the Bullet/src folder to your include path, include "btBulletDynamicsCommon.h" in your .cpp file. Then link against the Bullet libraries you need. Just include the Bullet projects in your own project (libbulletdynamics.vcproj, libbulletcollision.vcproj, libbulletmath.vcproj from Bullet\msvc\8 folder), and add them to the dependencies of your own projects.

See the Bullet_User_Manual.pdf, quickstart section for more info.
Hope this helps,
Erwin

Thanks Erwin. I was able to run the demo program .. very cool. Figuring out what type of project to create (MFC, CLR, ... ) , how to link, and where to place the header and source files is a problem for me, simply because I am not well versed in C++ ... However, the rest of your answer will certainly help me immensely. Thanks very much!!
wuallen

Post by wuallen »

It is not so easy like you said. I use visual studio 2008 too. But when I compiled bullet 2.69, there was a error : can't find SpuConvexPenetrationDepthSolver.h, I find a file named SpuConvexPenetrationDepthSolver.h0000644, and I removed '0000644' , then it is compiled successfully.

the biggest problem of mine is when I use BOAGT_CONCAVE_GIMPACT_MESH object in the world, it becames very slow. Another problem of mine is that some demo examples didn't show anything, such as DebugCollisionDemo, DebugCollisionInterfaceDemo, DebugContinusConvexCollision and DebugDoublePrecisionDemo.

Is this situation normal or Is something wrong of my compiling process?