Parallel Broadphase crashes computer

markrans

Parallel Broadphase crashes computer

Post by markrans »

Hi, I am aware the OpenCL accelerations are no longer supported, but will mention this on the offchance someone has already resolved similar issues in the past as it may be a simple fix.
Using the OpenCL demos as a starting point I've tried to simulate a vertical stack of boxes in a standalone application (not built on ExampleBrowser), with no rendering module (pure command line) and the entire rigidbody pipleline executed on the GPU. Works fine up to 20k bodies but when I go above ~25k my machine locks up and requires a hard reset. I'm running a reasonably high-spec desktop with GTX1080, so that's not the issue. With ExampleBrowser I can get the stack to >100k bodies.
The freeze seems to occur when I run b3GpuRigidBodyPipeline::setupGpuAabbsFull(). Pretty sure I've set maxBroadphasePairs suitably large. If I skip all collision detection and simply integrate(deltaTime) it works as expected.
It's possible I've missed some compile flags, #defines, memory settings etc that allow ExampleBrowser to extend to many more bodies without crashing. Does anyone have any ideas?