Not f.... work building library

lkslkbkl

Not f.... work building library

Post by lkslkbkl »

How to fuck not create a library that cannot be compiled ?????? I downloaded, collected - the out folder appeared:
build_cmake\lib\Debug
And there is a list of libraries
But adding these libraries to the project (sln) DOES NOT WORK ANYTHING !!!!!!! Fantastic !

unresolved external symbol "void * __cdecl btAlignedAllocInternal(unsigned __int64,int)" (?btAlignedAllocInternal@@YAPEAX_KH@Z) referenced in function "public: static void * __cdecl btTriangleIndexVertexArray::operator new(unsigned __int64)" (??2btTriangleIndexVertexArray@@SAPEAX_K@Z)

Incredible, how so?
drleviathan

Re: Not f.... work building library

Post by drleviathan »

Yeah, link errors are a real bummer, and solving them takes perseverance.

What platform are you using?
What compiler?
To organize your project: are you using cmake, raw makefiles, Visual Studio, XCode, or something else?
Got a github project? If so, what is the link?
Maybe you have a tarfile of your whole project? If so, what is the link?
lkslkbkl

Post by lkslkbkl »

Thanks for answer
I'm building Bullet for windows 10 and cmake ( compiler: MSVC olders version ) . Version Bullet : bullet3 - 2.88
That is, I am collecting a project in Visual studio and get out folders - There are libraries that I connect to my project - and here they don’t work (by the way, the assembly in the Visual Studio through Cmake do not generate include forlders ( i add to include path to visual studio src/ folder to original project))
drleviathan

Post by drleviathan »

There are many ways to introduce link errors. Naturally I have little idea as to what is going wrong in your case specifically. You're going to have to supply more info, such as the cmake files themselves, at least, or some reduced version of your project.

It occurs to me: maybe a good way to move forward would be to start with a simple bullet demo with working CMake config, and then modify that slowly, checking along the way to make sure changes actually work, until you have what you want.

When it comes to debugging CMake, you can add a "--trace" option to the cmake command which will generate Very Verbose logs as to what it is doing. You then pipe that log info into a file and very carefully hunt for clues as to where it is going wrong.
lkslkbkl

Post by lkslkbkl »

yes the fact of the matter is that I also can’t understand - what’s the matter (and the data, I have so little that I don’t even know what to provide since the Cmake collects everything perfectly — it just doesn’t work)