Struggling to install bullet for C++ using Eclipse

Baked Potato

Struggling to install bullet for C++ using Eclipse

Post by Baked Potato »

Hi everyone. I have been struggling with this problem for a few days and it's really annoying. It's probably something easy but I am just starting with C++ so I am not familiar with everything yet.

I am trying to make a project using Bullet in Eclipse CDT (I'm on Windows). I've downloaded the source, but I can't get beyond that point.
I have tried following the instructions at https://github.com/bulletphysics/bullet3/wiki, under Linux since it is the only one with Eclipse. However, at the step

Code: Select all

make -j4
I get an error: undefined reference to `glad_glEnable'. I have surmised that this is something to do with missing openGL, but I have no clue how to resolve it. (I really don't feel like I should be looking at the Linux section but I'm using Eclipse so I felt it was my best bet).

Basically, I just want to be able to built a project and use Bullet. I'm coming from the world of Java where you just add stuff to the classpath and it works, and I am really lost in all the CMake and linking and everything here in C++.
I really can't seem to find anything online to fix this, since it all assumes you know how to build from source and then somehow include the result in your own project.

How on Earth do I configure all this so I can use Bullet?