New to bullet, can't get VS to generate & build?

SRShaw

New to bullet, can't get VS to generate & build?

Post by SRShaw »

I tried running build_visual_studio_without_pybullet_vr.bat, but I get a bunch of errors along the lines of :
** Warning: os.is() is deprecated, use 'os.istarget()' or 'os.ishost()'.
@...ce\dev\ppt\bullet3-2.88\bullet3-2.88\build3\premake4.lua(92)
@...ce\dev\ppt\bullet3-2.88\bullet3-2.88\build3\premake4.lua(99)
@...ce\dev\ppt\bullet3-2.88\bullet3-2.88\build3\premake4.lua(106)
@...ce\dev\ppt\bullet3-2.88\bullet3-2.88\build3\premake4.lua(273)
@...ce\dev\ppt\bullet3-2.88\bullet3-2.88\build3\premake4.lua(279)

I ran build_visual_studio_vr_pybullet_double.bat, which generates the the build3/vs2010 folder with 0_Bullet3Solution.sln in it, but when I open it in vs2017, it asks to 'retarget solution', which I do, but when I build the solution I get a bunch of errors
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(379,5): error MSB8020: The build tools for Visual Studio 2010 (Platform Toolset = 'v100') cannot be found. To build using the v100 build tools, please install Visual Studio 2010 build tools. Alternatively, you may upgrade to the current Visual Studio tools by selecting the Project menu or right-click the solution, and then selecting "Retarget solution".
1>Done building project "BussIK.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
5>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(379,5): error MSB8020: The build tools for Visual Studio 2010 (Platform Toolset = 'v100') cannot be found. To build using the v100 build tools, please install Visual Studio 2010 build tools. Alternatively, you may upgrade to the current Visual Studio tools by selecting the Project menu or right-click the solution, and then selecting "Retarget solution".
5>Done building project "OpenGL_Window.vcxproj" -- FAILED.

I try the retarget solution option again and get errors:
Retargeting End: 0 completed, 0 failed, 67 skipped
Retargeting End: 0 completed, 0 failed, 67 skipped

I'm curious if anyone else has built this for windows lately and if so, do they have any suggestions on accomplishing it.
Thanks in advance for the assistance,
Stephen
hyyou

Re: New to bullet, can't get VS to generate & build?

Post by hyyou »

Try this :-

Code: Select all

Solution Explorer > select all Bullet projects > Properties > (don't forget to select "All Configurations") >  Configuration Properties > General >  Platform Toolset > select "v141".
Or just retarget Bullet projects. I believe it is right-click -> retarget.

By the way, your post already shows how to solve it.
Alternatively, you may upgrade to the current Visual Studio tools by selecting the Project menu or right-click the solution, and then selecting "Retarget solution"