Latest Bullet Build for CPU vs GPU ...

tmason

Latest Bullet Build for CPU vs GPU ...

Post by tmason »

Hello,

My guess is that this is a simple question but maybe it is me and I am not quite clear.

I understand that Bullet 3.x is graphics card only but from what I am seeing from the commits Bullet 2.x is still being updated as well.

So, I would like to update my currently working project which uses an older Bullet 2.x build to the latest and greatest of Bullet 2.x or whatever is the latest for the CPU.

My problem is that I am not sure which libraries/source/etc. I should use after I do a cmake on the latest from GitHub for Bullet.

Hope this makes sense, I just want to update to the latest for Bullet 2.x but I am confused from the instructions.

Thank you for your time.
c6burns

Re: Latest Bullet Build for CPU vs GPU ...

Post by c6burns »

Just ignore the fact that the repository says bullet3 and build as normal. Resulting libraries will be the same you are used to from 2.x (LinearMath, BulletDynamics, BulletCollision, and so on)

You can disable building bullet3 at all in CMake using BUILD_BULLET3 (which will appear as a checkbox if you are using the UI)
tmason

Re: Latest Bullet Build for CPU vs GPU ...

Post by tmason »

c6burns wrote:Just ignore the fact that the repository says bullet3 and build as normal. Resulting libraries will be the same you are used to from 2.x (LinearMath, BulletDynamics, BulletCollision, and so on)

You can disable building bullet3 at all in CMake using BUILD_BULLET3 (which will appear as a checkbox if you are using the UI)
Thanks, this worked!

Simple enough :)