Solids collision response theories [?]

Please don't post Bullet support questions here, use the above forums instead.
xissburg

Solids collision response theories [?]

Post by xissburg »

I'd like to know about solid mechanics books/articles which deal with the theories behind collision response in solids (any stiffness). I just realized that I have never seen something like this and got really curious...

Thanks in advance.
xissburg

Re: Solids collision response theories [?]

Post by xissburg »

Oh well, I mean...I would like to know more about analytical methods to compute collision response forces/impulses for deformable solids, specially finite element solids. I'd like to know about articles which present the state of the art of this. And also if possible, as I said in the previous post, about the true theories behind that, because these articles which deal with the physics simulation techniques usually don't present this kind of material.

Thanks
nisse

Re: Solids collision response theories [?]

Post by nisse »

I recommend the book "Computational Granular Dynamics" by Pöschel and Schwager. As the titel reveals it is oriented towards compuational techniques and simulation and covers both explicit force methods (penalty methods based on physical deformation models - eg the Hertz model), impulse events and frictional contacts using unilateral constraints. Easy to read. Then you can go on with more specialized texts 'til the end of time... :)

http://www.springer.com/new+%26+forthco ... 40-21485-4