Wake and sleep strategies

Please don't post Bullet support questions here, use the above forums instead.
nisse

Wake and sleep strategies

Post by nisse »

Hi

I am looking for strategies for putting rigid bodies to "sleep" and "waking". Sleep is rather
straightforward but wake is not - if you wan't to keep the number of waken bodies at
a minimum, say, when throwing a body into a stack of rigid bodies.

Is there anyone who knows of technical or scientific papers on this subject? I haven't myself
been able to find much. Just finding the correct terminology, if there is any, would help.

The approach in

Adaptive Dynamics of Articulated Bodies - 2005
Stephane Redon, Nico Galoppo and Ming C. Lin
http://gamma.cs.unc.edu/AD/

should be possible to extend also to "stacking systems" (but using maximal coordinates rather than reduced coordinates).

Thanks!
dellsmaith

Re: Wake and sleep strategies

Post by dellsmaith »

Hi nisse
I have same problem but i have solve it. The solution is relaxation process. you can sleep well by relaxation process and also wakeup when you want.
If you know more about this process then just go to Google site and type keyword according to this process. I try this process and it is really helpfully.
nisse

Post by nisse »

dellsmaith

You are kidding with me, right!? In that case I find it actually hilarious :lol: The relaxation process is indeed good for wake and sleep, especially for large mammals.

But if whas a serious tip, please provide me with the precise keywords...
fishboy82

Post by fishboy82 »

:lol: I can't keep laugh any more.... I think may be you can apply the relaxation process on rigid/soft body to see whether it is effective as to the mammals, haha,
Sorry for my kidding .
Seriously, I also want to know a good stragety about sleep/awake for rigid /softbodies.
aokman

Post by aokman »

AFAIK, Erwin Catto's Box2D uses these techniques. But, I also don't understand them in detail.
Could those experts on this topic show some hints, please?

Thanks in advance.
bone

Post by bone »

It's wonderful how the brain interprets words based on their context. I couldn't quite figure out how you would use constraint relaxation to wake a rigid body up ...