Deterministic Simulation

Please don't post Bullet support questions here, use the above forums instead.
naz027

Deterministic Simulation

Post by naz027 »

I'm using Bullet 2.73 with a genetic algorithm to evolve movement patterns for a model of a snake robot. The main problem I'm having at the moment is that for the same movement pattern I get different results every time. I read on a post that it was possible to disable solver randomisation to get deterministic results. How do I go about doing this. Also what is the best way to reset the simulation.

Thanks for any help,

Adam
gveiga

Re: Deterministic Simulation

Post by gveiga »

In my tests with Bullet I got always the same result... look at the following link about Determinism and check if your gamecode does the same:
http://www.bulletphysics.com/mediawiki- ... eterminism

Cheers,
Gilberto
naz027

Re: Deterministic Simulation

Post by naz027 »

Im using a fixed step size I think that might be the problem. I don't really have a choice because I need to be able to run the simulation as fast as possible with the graphics turned off for the genetic algorithm and then run the simulation with graphics turned on to view the results. My model is fairly complicated with 49 rigid bodies and 64 constraints, I get similar results with the same movement instructions but not exactly. Thanks for the help anyway.