pip install failure

Official Python bindings with a focus on reinforcement learning and robotics.
autoalpha

pip install failure

Post by autoalpha »

Hi,

I'm getting pip-install error while installing pybullet in a virtualenv of linux CI server (travis). Here are few selected lines of error messages (searched by "error"):

gcc: error: examples/SharedMemory/plugins/eglPlugin/eglRendererVisualShapeConverter.cpp: No such file or directory
gcc: fatal error: no input files
gcc: error: examples/SharedMemory/plugins/eglPlugin/eglRendererPlugin.cpp: No such file or directory
error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 4

A few notes:
1. This starts to happen since a few (at most 4) days ago. It used to always work when I run the build in travis.
2. On my macbook, the there's no such problem. In only happens when I build a test in travis server. pybullet is a required in setup.py of my package.
3. The command in travis server causing error is the following:
/home/travis/virtualenv/python3.4.6/bin/python -u -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='/tmp/pip-build-b2ssz501/pybullet/setup.py';f=getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('\r\n', '\n');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, 'exec'))" install --record /tmp/pip-g0khoxzz-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile --install-headers /home/travis/virtualenv/python3.4.6/include/site/python3.4/pybullet
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Re: pip install failure

Post by Erwin Coumans »

It should be fixed now. Try using version 2.3.2 or later

pip install --no-cache-dir pybullet --user

Thanks for the report!
autoalpha

Post by autoalpha »

Hi Erwin,

Yes. It started to work now (even without the extra options of pip install). Thanks!
merrywatson

Post by merrywatson »

I have also faced the same issue with my system and I have also searched a lot on the Internet, but it was showing the Windows update error code 8007000e on my system. Finally, I have found Fix Windows update error code 8007000e, and it solved all kind of issue regarding this.