Bullet 2.72 release: automake, Blender soft body integration
Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:11 am
Bullet 2.72 has been released (SVN revision r1364)
- Blender 3D has Bullet real-time soft body integrated in the built-in game engine. See Youtube Video or check out the soft body user guide. Dynamica Maya plugin next?
- Autotools/automake Makefile support, next to cmake, jam and visual studio projectfiles
- Add Debug DLL and Release DLL configurations for MSVC project files, and use it for Dynamica plugin
- btScaledBvhTriangleMeshShape allows to share BVH & btBvhTriangleMeshShape of different scales
- btConvexPointCloudShape allows to collide with the convex hull of vertices, without duplicating the vertices.
- btBvhTriangleMeshShape improved serialization support, thanks to reltham
- Improved ColladaConverter: plane shape and custum shape management support
- Improved Dynamica Maya plugin, fixes in rotation, thanks to Nicola, and COLLADA physics export
- CCD motion clamping. Avoid tunneling by enabled clamping of motion based on continuous collision detection, for fast moving objects. See Wiki documentation on Motion Clamping using setCcdMotionThreshold, setCcdSweptSphereRadius.
- NSIS installer for Dynamica Maya plugin, thanks to bazuka
- Improved Soft Body - Concave collision detection support
- Sharing of GJK and EPA implementation between PPU and SPU/BulletMultiThreaded version
- Improved quanitation/clamping in sweep and prune broadphase, thanks to O. Kniemeyer.
- Improved rigid body damping formula, thanks to sparkprime
- Several bugfixes, see http://code.google.com/p/bullet/source/list