Open source Bullet Physics SDK release information
- Site Admin
- Posts: 4113
- Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:43 pm
- Location: California, USA
An alpha version of Bullet 2.67
is released on sourceforge. It has some improved rendering for convex polyhedra and other convex objects. Spheres, capsules and cylinders look less smooth (compared to the old glut routines), but the new rendering approximates the actual collision shape better: it uses the collision detection routines to approximate the rendering mesh.
We plan some more features, including:
- ColladaConverter has capabilities to export any btDiscreteDynamicsWorld to COLLADA .dae file. This allows to create snapshots, that can be loaded with the same ColladaConverer. See Bullet/Demos/ColladaDemo how to use this. It will support most basic features including constraints. Missing features will be added on request.
- Some bugfix for a raycast againt triangle mesh, when using quantization.
- Character controller demo
- Performance benchmarks for various scenarios relevant for games
Feedback is welcome,
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:24 am
Ah - never mind I did not notice the "We plan some more features" - that will teach me to read more closely...