BotApp - robot fighting game

Show what you made with Bullet Physics SDK: Games, Demos, Integrations with a graphics engine, modeler or any other application
TomDuggan

BotApp - robot fighting game

Post by TomDuggan »

I just finished the first version of my little test side project, called BotApp. It's a Battlebots-style robot fighting game, using OpenGL for graphics and Bullet for physics and collision detection. Try it out, let me know what you think of it, how it runs, any bugs, etc.

Download: http://www.tomduggan.net/download/botapp0_1.zip (7.6 mb)

Some screenshots:

For more information and a lot more screenshots, there's a page on my portfolio dedicated to botapp: http://www.tomduggan.net

Thanks!
ola

Re: BotApp - robot fighting game

Post by ola »

Really nice!!

I ran it under Linux with wine, that worked just fine, by the way.

I was wondering, do you use raycast-based wheels or actual wheels as rigidbodies with constraints?

Best regards,
Ola
TomDuggan

Post by TomDuggan »

Thanks! I used actual wheels (cylinders), it took a bit of tuning to get them to drive like i wanted though. Mostly constraint motor params, but also friction and mass of both the chassis and the wheel itself.
Madiaba

Post by Madiaba »

Pardon my bump, if this is one,... But I must say:
"Great job, Tom". You've put some work into this...
Haven't looked at any coding yet, but I've played it several times and it looks well done.
Some friends and I have been mulling over putting together a game like this one, and your work using Bullet is impressive...
Angelina11

Post by Angelina11 »

Fighting game players battle against each other and the characters of the computer. Players are one of the powers and where the ammunition and to destroy the power to fight and win. It contains a variety of games such as wrestling, adventures, sword fights, Star Wars, space tourism, fighting fir. Enriched with great visual effects, graphics, and technology issues, are a type of games. Both 2-D fighting game in 3-D you can play are single and multiplayer games, such as one-to-one, four ways at the same time advertising for the national team.

bubble shooter