Underworld Hockey Club

Show what you made with Bullet Physics SDK: Games, Demos, Integrations with a graphics engine, modeler or any other application
Digitalghost

Underworld Hockey Club

Post by Digitalghost »

Hey all,

First off, thanks for the help I've received on the forums over the past months.

My hockey game is reaching beta stages and I wanted to show off a video. The puck uses bullet for physics when it isn't being controlled by a player, and the players use physics to bodycheck each other and to take bodychecks, much to the chagrin of the checked players.

Here is a link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0727a0jJaoE

One tiny issue I ran into: I use the COLLADA import feature to import the hockey rink and goal nets into bullet. One issue I found is that there is no easy way to know what bodies were added in a COLLADA import. The only way I can do this without changing the bullet source is to store a list of all rigid bodies in an array, load the .dae file, and then compare the list to see what items have been added. At the start of the program I load several .dae files and it's important to know which bodies belong to which files. Maybe the load function could store a list of the bodies loaded or something?

Thanks again for everyone's help, this is really turning out to be a fun project.

Digitalghost
Last edited by Digitalghost on Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Digitalghost

Re: Underworld Hockey Club

Post by Digitalghost »