Highfidelity virtual world using Bullet

Show what you made with Bullet Physics SDK: Games, Demos, Integrations with a graphics engine, modeler or any other application
drleviathan

Highfidelity virtual world using Bullet

Post by drleviathan »

I recently finished the initial integration of Bullet into the open source virtual world project: https://highfidelity.io

The only physics features I've got working so far are colliding boxes and spheres and some support for kinematic objects but the ultimate goals of this project are ambitious:
  • Open source software
  • Distributed user-hosted worlds
  • Fully articulated avatar dynamics driven by input from real-time motion capture gadgets
  • Distributed client- and server-side physics simulations across large dynamic spaces
  • Client- and server-side avatar and object scripting
Although the project is open source (up on gitub) it is fully funded for another few years.

Clearly I've got lots of physics work to do and will be looking for help. In a week or two I'll be posting bounties on sub-projects the Career Opportunities section of this forum. But first I need to make a list and break the work into manageable chunks.
c6burns

Re: Highfidelity virtual world using Bullet

Post by c6burns »

The face tracking is hilarious :lol:
drleviathan

Re: Highfidelity virtual world using Bullet

Post by drleviathan »

I have posted some links on the Career Opportunities board for the highfidelity project.