Bullet How-To?

Physics APIs, Physics file formats, Maya, Max, XSI, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Blender, thinkingParticles™ and other simulation tools, exporters and importers
Gendo (on elysiun)

Bullet How-To?

Post by Gendo (on elysiun) »

Hi,

I grabbed the current windows cvs of blender with the bullet engine added in (I see you've chosen the logo, unless you're still open to proposals.) The question I have is, how do you use it? I mean, I turned it on in the World buttons, but nothing moves when after pressing "P". I've done the material/gravity/properties settings and left the Bullet world gravity at default and nodda. Does something need to be done in Python in order to get Bullet working? Since it's in the cvs builds it may be helpful to provide some tutorial info so users can begin working/testing it. I'm not complaining, just asking. If any docs become available could you post a link to them on elysiun?

thanks,
-Gendo
Erwin Coumans
Site Admin

Post by Erwin Coumans »

Bullet is disabled by default, because the blender buildsystem for scons and Makefiles is not updated yet.

Can you try to enable #USE_BULLET in
blender\source\gameengine\Ketsji\KX_ConvertPhysicsObject.h
just add an extra line #define USE_BULLET 1 in that headerfile.

at the moment it is only enabled for Visual Studio 2006, Beta 2.
If you need projectfiles for VC8, I can mail them. They are seperate from VC7 projectfiles.
Then indeed goto worldbuttons (F5) and select Bullet (instead of Sumo)

Let me know if this works for you.
Erwin
o----o

Post by o----o »

if you do this, please give us this built somewhere.

thx jm
Gendo

Post by Gendo »

Hi erwin, thank for the tip on using bullet. However, I didn't build blender myself, I grabbed Gabio's build he posted on the blender.org "Testing Builds" forum. I've never compiled anything and today's not the day to learn how :). I didn't know it was disabled in the code, I just thought that I was doing something wrong.

thanks!

ps - I'm glad you liked my logo, I'm happy to contribute it since I can't help with programming. Feel free to PM me on elysiun of you need any more graphics help.

looking forward to seeing more of bullet!
-Gendo